“I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.” 1 John 5:13 NIV
“And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts.” Colossians 3:15a NLT
Because we know where we are going when Christ returns or calls us home (whether by Corona virus or something else) we can and should:
- Let the peace of Christ rule in our hearts! (Colossians 3:15)
- Pray for others who might be more impacted by this virus. (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
- Look for opportunities to serve or bless others in need like neighbors, the elderly, etc. (Luke 10:36-37)
- Be prepared for short term inconveniences (Pr. 21:20, 30:25) but don’t go overboard or hoard. (Pr. 11:26)
- Wash your hands with soap or hand sanitizer. (‘Cleanliness is next to godliness’… though that’s not actually a Bible verse, but you get the idea.)
- Wash our hearts with God’s word, especially as we get any extra time. (Ephesians 5:26)
- Watch for opportunities to share the reason for the hope that we have (1 Peter 3:15)
- Be alert and watching for the bigger signs that Jesus warned related to His return (Matthew 24)
- Be faith-filled in all this (Ps. 31:15) and keep smiling and encouraging others (Pr. 15:13,15,30).
- Share toilet paper with neighbors in need. 😉 (Matthew 22:39-40)
- Again, Since God is in control and sovereign over all of creation, let His peace rule in your heart! (Colossians 3:15)
Don’t forget these verses apply not only to dealing with the Corona virus, but also with the daily grind of everyday life and all the future craziness that is still to come!